Baked fries

It was raining outside, not the regular Mumbai style rains but was good enough reason for me to make something special.

I decided to make baked potato fries. Actually, since the time I bought my new crinkle cutter I was itching to use it. So I quickly chopped my potatoes to make these fries.




Ingredients (for 2 people)
3 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped)
1 tbsp Olive Oil/ butter
Salt to taste
Crushed garlic
Herbs (Italian)- Optional
1spn crushed pepper / chilly flakes
Method
1)      Parboil the potatoes for about 5-10 minutes in boiling water
2)      In a bowl mix the potatoes with oil or butter and tip it in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
3)      Remove from the oven and toss in all the herbs, garlic etc except salt and put it in oven for 10 minutes.
4)      Remove and add salt and serve hot.
It was so yummy that I was asked to make another batch immediately. So to cater to the demand, I used microwave cooking.
Microwave version.
1)      Instead of parboiling the potatoes, just coat it with oil/ butter and put it in microwave.
2)      I used Microwave + convection option and cooked at 200 degrees for 3 minutes first.
3)      Then remove and add all the other ingredients including salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
4)      Cover the bowl with a lid to avoid having dry potatoes.



Comments

Popular Posts