Babycorn jalfrezi

I am not a big fan of baby corn unless it is smartly covered under some guise. But for once I wanted to try the famous baby corn jalfrezi. So I did. Other reason was that I did not have any thing that could compliment including the paneer. (Our local dairy seems to have run out of stock big time, and I am off late in no mood to go through the process of making paneer at home).
I made the jalfrezi with just the baby corn and green peppers. You can also add fried paneer, red, yellow peppers, brocolli etc.

8 baby corns, cut into 4
1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
1/8 tsp. asafoetida
1 tsp. ginger-green chili paste
3 spring onions, sliced
1/2 green capsicum, sliced (Use colored if u prefer)
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 large tomato, pureed
1 tbsp. tomato puree (optional) I did not add, but is good to add as it changes the texture for good
2 tbsps chopped coriander
2 tbsps grated Cheese
1 tbsp. oil
Salt to taste
Method:
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida. When they crackle, add the ginger-green chili paste, chopped spring onions, capsicums and saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add the baby corn, turmeric powder, chili powder, tomato, tomato puree and salt and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till the baby corn is cooked.
3. Garnish with the grated cheese , chopped coriander and serve hot.


Comments

Popular Posts