Stuffed Mushrooms

I used to snack on these frequently at some point in my life. This was not in India, but elsewhere when it was easy to find frozen stuffed mushrooms. It was a matter of minutes to pop them in mircowave and cook for couple of minutes. Once back home in my kitchen I started making variations until I was satisfied with the taste. I almost got it right (or similar tasting to what I used to have) but was not satisfied. I think it is about being in India and not having the indian punch in food. So next time I added some desi stuff. You can skip it if you prefer bland food.




Ingredients (for 2)
8-10 button mushrooms
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 medium potatoes boiled
2 tspn green chilly + garlic + ginger paste (Desi touch - replace with black pepper if you prefer)
2 tbsp corn starch slurry (dissolve 4-6 tspn corn starch in 4 tspn water to make a thick paste)
2 tbsp bread crumbs (crush a brown bread to form crumbs or pulse in mixie)
salt to taste
Oil to brush
Method
1) Clean the mushrooms (rub with cloth or wash and pat dry). Remove the stems and set aside.
2) Chop the mushroom stems finely and mix it with boiled mashed potatoes, onions, green chilly paste, salt and mix well.
3) Fill the mixture in each mushroom. Stuff it literally to the best of your ability.
4) Dip the mushrooms in the corn slurry and roll it in the bread crumbs. Coat it uniformly.
5) Place in a microwave safe dish , brush it with oil and cook for 1 minute on high.
6) Turn over the mushrooms and microwave again for 2 minutes on high.
7) Microwave for another 1 min to form a crust.
Serve with a warning that when you dig in to the crusty bite be aware that there will be hot juices flowing out. Yummy and slurpy

You can also deep fry in oil on medium flame (Skip step 5 onward). 

Sending this to my own event MEC which I am guest hosting for Srivalli
Also sending this to Kalyani's Global Food festival

Comments

layaa said…
Looks divine.Usually i dont hav much interest in mushrooms,but ur dish sounds soo delicious,hope me too make a try.

Popular Posts