Almond Butter

Ever since heard about it , I wanted to make it. There are many dishes that I make at home even before tasting them. These are dishes that I excite me just with the appearance or the taste or plain ingredients added to it.
Almond butter seemed like an option when I was working on peanut butter variations (due for posting). I never gave peanuts or sub-products any due respect as I never liked it. I do love the shengdanyachi chatni (dry peanut chutney) though. So when I heard about almond butter and other nut butters I was in for it immediately.
Almonds are very good for heart as it reduced the bad cholesterol – this is based on information I have read somewhere but do not have any substantial evidence to prove. A little of this will be no harm for sure
Ingredients – a loooong list
1 cup Almonds
Method
1) Soak the almonds overnight in water.
2) Next morning, remove the skin of almonds , spread them and let it dry completely.
3) Now roast the blanched almonds using a pan or an preheated oven for 10-15 min at 180c
4) When they smell nice nutty & sweet, remove them and let it cool
5) Use a food processor of coffee grinder to make fine powder
6) Continue grinding it till it is coarse. This is almond meal – At this stage you can use it for cookies, cakes and truffles
7) Continue grinding till it starts forming a paste like consistency.
8) This may take a while, to aid the butter formation, you can add a tbsp of Vegetable oil or be patient.
9) The final consistency of the butter is like smooth butter. You can opt to add some coarse almond meal to the final paste for nuttier texture




Sending this to - 
Sobha's Just 4 fun



Comments

Hema said…
I am going to make some rightaway, very healthy..
Sobha Shyam said…
very delicious n healthy..well explained dear..if you wish you can link it to my event..

Join me for the Just "4" Fun event :)
Sobha Shyam said…
Thanx a lot for linking it to my event :)..do send more entries :)

Join me for the Just "4" Fun event :)

Popular Posts