Wheat Flour Pan Cakes

I have made pan cakes of all kinds but nothing seems to impress DH. I know he tried to mildly convey yet another thumbs down by saying yea better than the last one I had. The fact is he does not like pan cakes. No matter what! Little monster silently monitors his dad to ensure that he inherits all the habits to be in good books. He flatly refused to eat second (mind u after eating first) bite. To top it, he used the same line as dad – I think pancakes are not for me. Really, then whom do I feed these to?
Now before you ask why I insist making these, let me tell you, this is because I love pancakes. I loved them when my mom made them during monsoons topped with home made muramba (mango preserve). I loved them when I ate them with maple syrup on the streets near London bridge on a cold morning . I loved them when a friend served it to me for lunch in Espoo (finland) along with fresh lingonberry relish. I loved it whenever I made them home.
When you like to eat something so dearly you also need good company. Alas, not in this case. But the adamant person that I am, decided to make it yet again. I made 6 small pan cakes and insisted that DH and son have 1 each. It took the same amount of time for all 3 of us to finish.


Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar
½ cup milk
1 tspn baking powder
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Method
1) Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl .
2) Add more water if the mixture is thick. It should be of dosa batter consistency.
3) Heat a non stick pan.
4) Drop small spoon full of batter as many as it can accommodate
5) Flip when it is done on one side.
6) Serve with jam, preserve etc.




Sending this to
Kid's Delight - Something Sweet guest hosted for Srivalli
"Sweet Luv" - Anything Sweet
Let's Cook #12 ~ Sweet Somethings


Comments

Spicy-Aroma said…
pan cakes look so delicious..very nicely done!!
Kande Pohe
Vardhini said…
Healthy pancakes. Thx for linking to the event.

Vardhini
Event: Sweet Luv
Event: Strawberries
Kavi said…
I have yet to try out pancakes! thanks for linking! :)\

-
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)
Ongoing Event:(Kid's Delight - Something Sweet)
Hema said…
Pancakes look very yummy..
wat a tempting one..looks great..........visit me when fine time ..........

Maha.....
hemalata said…
Yummy n healthy pan cakes.

Popular Posts